Teachers is here for you. As the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to develop, we are committed to helping our members navigate these unsettling times.
We are doing everything in our power to keep our people safe, minimize the spread of the virus, and ensure our members have access to their accounts and support during this trying time.
COVID-19 Branch Alert
To ensure the safety of our members and employees, we have modified our branch operations.
These modifications include:
- Teller transactions will be completed through exterior ATMs/Video Teller Machines, drive-up teller lanes and Online and Mobile Banking only.
- Members will be able to see Teachers staff inside a branch by appointment only. We ask that you limit your visitation to matters that can not be completed through ATMs, Video Teller Machines, drive-up teller lanes and Online and Mobile Banking. To schedule an appointment, please call your local branch directly. Please see below for a list of our branches, branch telephone numbers and available services.
- We encourage the use of our Online Banking services and mobile app, which are available 24/7 for your convenience.
Access to your Accounts
- Our online banking services, mobile app and ATMs are available 24/7 for your convenience. You can easily sign up for online banking through our website to view your accounts, check your balance and transaction records, transfer money between accounts, access our Bill Payer service and make loan payments.
To download the app, click here.
- We believe that our members should have access to their funds at any time, therefore, we will not be charging Teachers-assessed fees for usage of out-of-network ATMs through April 30, 2020.
We want to help our members impacted by COVID-19, and have designed dedicated assistance solutions to help navigate these unsettling times and ensure our members have access to the help they need during this time.
- We are offering the following loan options for our membership:
- $500 no-interest loan with a repayment period of 6 months*
- $5000 loan at 3.99% APR with a repayment period of 3 years*
You can apply online for these loan solutions by clicking here.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship with an existing Teachers loan, or are
looking for information on mortgage forbearance, we are here to discuss options.
Please email us at email@example.com with the following information and
someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
- First and Last Name
- Zip code
- Last 4 digits of the loan number
- Written explanation of how you have been impacted by COVID-19 (laid off, furloughed, etc)
* Subject to loan approval, credit restrictions apply
The Safety and Security of our Organization
As one of the nation's largest credit unions, with more than $7.7 billion in total assets, Teachers is capable of supporting members through any economic disruption. We are committed to helping our 339,000+ members across the nation and you can count on our financial strength and the dedication of our team to help you along the way. At Teachers Federal Credit Union, we stand ready to help.
Our Call Center is open 8am to 6pm ET Monday-Friday and 8:30am to 4:30pm ET on
Saturday to assist you.
(Within NY Metro Area)
(Outside of NY Metro Area)
We encourage the use of our online banking services, mobile app and ATMs, which are
Protecting our Members and Employees
As a precaution, we have invested in additional cleaning and disinfecting services at all of our locations and have put Social Distancing best practices in
place that are in line with CDC recommendations. Furthermore, our employees are exercising everyday preventative measures like washing hands regularly and cleaning personal workspaces to help prevent the spread of germs.
What You Can Do: Personal Preventative Measures
While there is currently no vaccine to protect against the coronavirus, the CDC and
NYSDOH recommend the following everyday preventative actions to minimize the
spread of all communicable diseases, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Practice social distancing – temporarily reduce non-essential interactions in large
- Limit handshaking when possible
- Stay home when you are sick
During this time, we want to remind you to be vigilant against scams, including
fraudulent phone calls and text messages. Teachers Federal Credit Union will
never contact you directly to request full account numbers, passwords, debit
or credit card numbers, expiration dates, (PIN) personal identification
numbers or social security numbers. If you feel you have received a fraudulent call
and are concerned about potential fraud on your account, please contact our Call