Teachers is here for you. As the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to develop, we are committed to helping our members navigate these unsettling times.
We are doing everything in our power to keep our people safe, minimize the spread of the virus, and ensure our members have access to their accounts and support during this trying time.
The health and safety of our people and our community has always been, and will continue to be, our first priority. We are working diligently to safely reopen all of our locations as quickly as possible.
For a full listing of our branches, and the latest on our operations by location, click here.
- All branches have fully reopened to members
- Please be aware that the number of members permitted inside our branches at a time will be limited and may vary by location
- As of Monday, June 29 we are offering new hours of operation to better serve the needs of our members
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
Lobby & Drive-up Services
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
*Brookhaven National Lab closes at 5pm on Friday
Our exterior video teller machines will be available Monday through Saturday beginning at 8:00am
**Briarwood, Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL Staff Only), Hauppauge, Riverside and Woodside locations will remain closed on Saturday
- Branches with drive up tellers are: Bay Shore, Briarwood, Central Islip, East Northport, Farmingville, Holbrook, Huntington, Manorville, Nesconset, Riverhead, Rocky Point, Shirley, Smithtown, and Woodside
- Our drive-up wait times may be longer than usual and we thank you for your patience
Additional Banking Needs
- Mortgage applications can be submitted online or by phone at (631) 698-7000 ext. 6790
- Our ATMs, Online and Mobile Banking solutions are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support all of your financial needs
Access to your Accounts
We want to help our members impacted by COVID-19, and have designed dedicated assistance solutions to help navigate these unsettling times and ensure our members have access to the help they need during this time.
- We are offering the following loan options for our membership:
- $500 no-interest loan with a repayment period of 6 months*
- $5000 loan at 3.99% APR with a repayment period of 3 years*
You can apply online for these loan solutions by clicking here.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship with an existing Teachers loan, or are
looking for information on mortgage forbearance, we are here to discuss options
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and
someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
- First and Last Name
- Zip code
- Last 4 digits of the loan number
- Written explanation of how you have been impacted by COVID-19 (laid off, furloughed, etc)
CARES Act for Small Business Loans
Teachers Federal Credit Union has partnered with Kabbage to help facilitate CARES Act small business loan requests as part of the Paycheck Protection Program. For more information, please click here.
* Subject to loan approval, credit restrictions apply
The Safety and Security of our Organization
As one of the nation's largest credit unions, with more than $7.8 billion in total assets, Teachers is capable of supporting members through any economic disruption. We are committed to helping our 339,000+ members across the nation and you can count on our financial strength and the dedication of our team to help you along the way. At Teachers Federal Credit Union, we stand ready to help.
Our Call Center is open 8am to 6pm ET Monday-Friday and 8:30am to 4:30pm ET on
Saturday to assist you.
(Within NY Metro Area)
(Outside of NY Metro Area)
We encourage the use of our online banking services, mobile app and ATMs, which are
Protecting our Members and Employees
As a precaution, we have invested in additional cleaning and disinfecting services at all of our locations and have put Social Distancing best practices in
place that are in line with CDC recommendations. Furthermore, our employees are exercising everyday preventative measures like washing hands regularly and cleaning personal workspaces to help prevent the spread of germs.
What You Can Do: Personal Preventative Measures
While there is currently no vaccine to protect against the coronavirus, the CDC and
NYSDOH recommend the following everyday preventative actions to minimize the
spread of all communicable diseases, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Practice social distancing – temporarily reduce non-essential interactions in large
- Limit handshaking when possible
- Stay home when you are sick
Your security is important to us. Scammers are already attempting to take advantage of the public’s uncertainty during this pandemic, and we want to remind you to be vigilant against fraudulent phone calls, emails and text messages.
Teachers Federal Credit Union will NEVER contact you directly to request full account numbers, passwords, debit or credit card numbers, expiration dates, (PIN) personal identification numbers or social security numbers. If you feel you have received a fraudulent email or call and are concerned about potential fraud on your account, please contact email@example.com or our Call Center immediately.
Click here for resources you can utilize to protect your information
COVID-19 Branch Alert